Attorney David M. Sternfield has practiced law in Illinois since 1994. Mr. Sternfield has a general law practice, handling both civil and criminal cases with a focus on family, personal injury and estate planning law. He earned his J.D. at Drake University School of Law in Des Moines, IA, and earned his B.A. at Michigan State University in East Lansing, MI.
In addition to growing a successful Chicago law practice, Mr. Sternfield has experience at Fortune 500 companies such as McDonald's where he worked in commercial real estate and at MCI where he drafted and negotiated multi-million dollar technology-licensing contracts. Licensed in all three Chicago financial exchanges, Mr. Sternfield is also an experienced floor trader. With this unique background, Mr. Sternfield has gained extensive knowledge about law, business, and dealing with people in high-pressure situations. He can put this experience to work for you.
David M. Sternfield has met with many prominent legislators in Springfield and Washington D.C. while working on health care legislation for people with special needs. He is dedicated to making a change in the lives of individuals with special needs and their families.
Areas of Practice:
Professional Associations and Memberships:
Mr. Sternfield is an Illinois attorney who has worked with McDonald's Corporation, MCI Telecommunications Corporation and other multinational organizations in the capacity of in-house counsel. Additionally, Mr. Sternfield has been a member of and licensed floor trader at the Chicago Mercantile Exchange, Chicago Board Options Exchange, and Chicago Board of Trade. Also, Mr. Sternfield has been an autism advocate for over a decade working with the government of the State of Illinois, the United States as well as foreign governments on autism related matters. Furthermore, Mr. Sternfield has traveled to countries such as Russia, China, Bangladesh, India and Belgium for purposes relating to autism and lectured at universities throughout the world such as Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University in Dhaka, Bangladesh, Jadavpur University in Kolkata, India, and Michigan State University in East Lansing, Michigan. Finally, Mr. Sternfield was a panelist at the 2014 United Nations World Autism Awareness Day event and continues his work as an autism advocate.
Areas Of Practice
- Child Support
- Criminal Law
- Estate Planning
- Family Law
- International Law
- Drafting and Negotiating Contracts
- Medical Malpractice
- Motor Vehicle Accidents -- Plaintiff
- Nursing Home
- Personal Injury -- Defense
- Personal Injury -- Plaintiff
- Worksite/Employment Injury
- Commercial and Residential Real Estate Law
- Securities Law
- Social Security -- Disability
- Traffic Violations
- Workers' Compensation Law
- Illinois, 1994
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 2002
- Drake University Law School, Des Moines, Iowa
- Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI
- Frequent Lecturer on Estate Planning, Creating Wills and Trusts, In Various Community Groups throughout the Chicago area
- Presenter at the Depaul Health Law Policy Conference
- Presenter at the Autism Symposium in Delhi, India, 2008 to 2008
- Presenter at Health Law/Policy symposiums around the world. Countries include: U.S., Russia, China, and India.
Honors and Awards
- Illinois Super Lawyer - 2020
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Illinois Bar, Member
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member
- Northwest Suburban Bar Association, Member